Description of the Rexel Community
The Rexel community (hereafter the “Rexel Community” or “The Grid”) provided by the Rexel Group (hereinafter “Rexel”) is an internal social network intended only for professional communication and collaboration.
The use of the Rexel Community is entirely optional. The Rexel Community is mainly intended for any person authorized to log into the information system of Rexel, i.e. employees of Rexel, including interns, (hereafter the “User”) but is also accessible to third parties like Rexel clients and providers. As a result, please be aware that any content posted, shared, downloaded by a User and, more generally, any User’s contribution on the Rexel Community may be seen by REXEL clients and providers.
- Certain features of the Rexel Community may allow the User to post or submit information. The User may post reviews, comments, videos, and other content and communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, other information etc.
- The User acknowledges being responsible for all her or his comments, publications or downloads on the Rexel Community; in particular, the User undertakes to remain civil; she or he also undertakes not to post on the Rexel Community any content containing disparaging remarks, in particular against Rexel, her or his colleagues, clients, partners, suppliers or competitors. Any comment posted by the User must comply with the rules of common sense and politeness and must be moderate and proportionate;
- The User undertakes not to post any content containing remarks or content likely to offend general standards of public decency, be against public order, or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, illegal, racist, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable;
- The User undertakes not to post or download confidential information likely to prejudice the interests of Rexel, even if it has not been identified as such by Rexel, (for instance unofficial or unannounced launching of new products, internal or external events organized by Rexel which have not or not yet been made public, broadcast of a User interview on the web or on television on Rexel products which is not yet published, article written by a User and not already published in the media, unofficial or unannounced financial results, estimates on a future performance, on the turnover, strategic or economic information, information on projects or on any other similar subject relating to Rexel);
- In case of doubt, the User is encouraged to contact the communication department of Rexel, who may be reached at the email address: email@example.com;
- Any content likely to contain elements protected under intellectual property law (trademark, copyright, patent, designs etc.) must in no event be subject to publication on The Grid except with the express consent of the Rexel communication department;
- The User may not mislead as to the origin of any information or other content;
- The User undertakes to log out of the Rexel Community after each use in case of an outside connection to the Rexel Network from a public computer;
- The User undertakes not to use the Rexel Community for purposes of commercial activity except in a moderate and proportionate way and only in the framework of appropriate discussion group of the Rexel Community;
- The User undertakes not to pose as another User with the Users of the Rexel Community, not to impersonate another User, nor to ask a third party to post content on his or her behalf;
- The User undertakes not to use the Rexel Community as destination for mass messaging or unsolicited commercial messaging (spam);
- The User undertakes not to proceed to the following actions, which are strictly prohibited: (i) attempt to interfere or compromise the system’s integrity or safety or to decrypt the transmissions coming from or destined to the servers of the Rexel Community; (ii) take measures that may require too great a loading for the Rexel Community infrastructure; (iii) download invalid data, viruses, worms or other software agent on the Rexel Community; (iv) interfere with the proper functioning of the Rexel Community; or (v) circumvent measures that the Rexel Community may use to prevent or restrain access to the Rexel Community;
- Rexel reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content;
- The User grants Rexel and its sublicensees the right to use the name that he/she submit in connection with such content.
Intellectual Property rights
The User acknowledges that the Rexel Community and its content, which includes text, software, designs, graphics, logos, trademarks, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features and all other content (hereafter the "Content"), is protected under intellectual property rights and is owned by, or licensed to Rexel.
The User is not authorized to download, copy, alter, modify, adapt, delete, distribute, transfer, broadcast, sell, license all or part of the Rexel Community or its Content, in any way whatsoever.
Unless indicated otherwise and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the User grants Rexel a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any content posted, shared, downloaded by the User throughout the world in any media.
Detailed functioning of the Rexel Community
- The Rexel Community may be accessed from the work station of each User. It may also be accessed from smartphones, tablets, and more generally from any computer with an Internet connection.
- In the future, when Users will access the Rexel Community, they will just need to log in by entering their email address and their “network” password.
- The User who accesses the Rexel Community may, if she or he wishes, download a picture on her or his profile.
- The User has the possibility to indicate her/his job title, interests and language and to set her/his user settings (language, time zone, etc.);
- The User may follow other Users via the “Follow” button;
- The User may join the discussion relating to different types of topics in the dedicated sections of the Rexel Community that all Users may access and that may be created by the Rexel Community administrator or the Users themselves;
- The User can post reviews, comments, videos and other content and communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, questions, etc.;
- The User may participate to as many number of topics as she or he wishes (e.g. “Why do I need to properly dispose of my lamps and ballasts?” etc.);
- The User may “like” of the content via the buttons offered on the Rexel Community;
- The contact network of each User is determined by her or him;
- The User may send or receive private messages to, or from, one or more Users of the Rexel Community; these messages may also be accessed by her or him via the Rexel Community; they will also be sent to her or his email address;
- The User may also access an instant messaging tool called Messaging;
- The User may also access the Rexel e-commerce website via the button “Store” or “Buy now” ;
- At the end of the professional relationship (understood as the termination of the employment contract or internship agreement) between the User and Rexel, whatever the cause, the Rexel account of the User will be deactivated from the Rexel Community without any possibility for the User to access it again.
Inappropriate use and unavailability of the Rexel Community
- The User represents and warrants that she/he owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the content that she/he posts, that she/he have acquired all necessary rights in such content to enable her/him to grant to Rexel the rights in such content described herein, that the content is accurate, that use of the content she/he supplies does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity, and that she/he will indemnify Rexel for all claims resulting from content she/he supplies. Rexel has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content.
- Rexel takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by the User or any third party. Rexel may not be held liable for any inappropriate use of the Rexel Community by the Users.
- Rexel may not be held liable for any unavailability of the Rexel Community.
Warranties and Disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law:
REXEL COMMUNITY IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” REXEL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH REGARD TO REXEL COMMUNITY OR USE OF REXEL COMMUNITY. REXEL DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO REXEL COMMUNITY OR USE THEREOF. REXEL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND SHALL NOT DEFEND OR INDEMNIFY the user AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIM THAT RELATES TO OR IS BASED ON A COMBINATION OF COMPONENTS PROVIDED IN REXEL COMMUNITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL REXEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY AND WHETHER OR NOT REXEL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF REXEL COMMUNITY OR YOUR USE OF REXEL COMMUNITY.
INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON THE REXEL COMMUNITY RELATING TO ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES REFERENCED THERETO ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. REXEL DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, ERROR-FREE OF ALL KIND OF INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON AND/OR FROM REXEL COMMUNITY OR THIRD PARTIES WEBSITES RELATING TO ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES. THE USER SHALL USE REASONABLY ALL INFORMATION RELATING TO PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THE GRID. IN NO EVENT SHALL REXEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY AND WHETHER OR NOT REXEL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF INFORMATION RELATING ON ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THE REXEL COMMUNITY OR YOUR USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
This paragraph is intended to help the User understand how Rexel gathers and uses Personal Data that she or he communicates to the Rexel Community so that the User may be able to take informed actions when she or he uses said Community.
Users’ Personal Data
Personal Data means the surname, first name, title, email address, email address, login, location/country, picture, title of the position held by the User within the Rexel group, interests (occupation, hobbies, education), address, as well as any other data that the User publishes on the Rexel Community that may allow for her or his direct or indirect identification.
The Rexel Community uses “cookies”, small files placed on a device’s hard drive by a web server. These cookies or similar technology make it possible to record User preferences and settings, in order to identify Users, gather usage data and manage the service.
- optimize the use by User of the Rexel Community by allowing the User to continue browsing the Rexel Community without having to re-enter some personal information for each new page (e.g., register User’s language preferences or remember a text previously typed on a page) or by customizing User’s browsing experience on the Rexel Community;
- manage User’s authentication, which is created when the User logs in and deleted when the User logs out;
- perform audience measurement, by using Analytics’ cookies to improve the overall performance of the Rexel Community and make User’s online experience more enjoyable.
https://www.zimbra.com/legal/privacy - https://community.telligent.com/documentation/w/telligent-community-6/22392.cookie-compliance-faq
If the User wishes to block or restrain the cookies defined by the Rexel Community, the User may set her or his browser up to this end (restraining cookies may have consequences on the use of the Rexel Community).
Cookies can be deleted by following the instructions given by the browser.
IP addresses and Traffic data
Users’ Internet Protocol addresses and traffic data such as, clickstream data, login duration and information on the websites you visit and the links on which you click may be collected via the Rexel Community servers and/or service providers’ servers in order to provide the services and/or for statistical purposes.
Please note that third parties may, independently from Rexel, collect data about you, including your IP address, information on the websites you visit and the links on which you click, when you visit the Rexel Community.
Purposes of Data collection
For example, Rexel and/or its service provider may access the Users’ Personal Data for administration of the accounts, improvement of the services provided to the User (including meeting User requests and sending information to the User), statistical analyses, detection and prevention of fraud, updates of the services including information relating to security or other technical problems.
Disclosure of Personal Data
For the needs of proper management and control of the Rexel Community, the Rexel Community administrators designated by Rexel have a real-time access to all of the contributions and actions of the Users to the exclusion of the content of messages identified as private that are sent via the Rexel Community.
The information gathered in this framework may be stored by Rexel, in particular to ensure the protection of or compliance with its interests or its defense.
Access to the Rexel Community is authorized to Zimbra’s technicians as well as service providers whom Rexel may call upon for maintenance operations and system repair depending on the requests or as imposed by law.
Rexel uses service providers to assist in the management and maintenance of the Rexel Community. Service providers have a contractual obligation not to use or disclose Personal Data except to perform the services in our name or to comply with a legal obligation.
Rexel may not disclose User Personal Data unless Rexel considers that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law, a judicial decision or a legal process applicable to/enforceable against Rexel, its Users; (b) protect or defend the rights and property of Rexel; or (c) protect the safety of the Rexel Community Users, Rexel or a third party.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the European Union
As a group, Rexel calls upon automated means in order to efficiently handle the User’s Personal Data. The Data relating to Users within Rexel shall be stored and processed within the European Union. If a processing should be completed, in whole or in part, outside of the European Union, Rexel commits to ensuring that adequate protection measures, in conformity with the rules set by the Data Protection Directive and the Data Protection Act are implemented.
In this respect, Rexel Users are informed and consent to the transfer of their Personal Data. To this effect, Users are informed that their Personal Data shared within/via the Rexel Community are processed by a service provider – Zimbra Inc.- located outside of the European Union. Rexel and Zimbra Inc. have signed contractual clauses for the transfer of data in conformity with the contract templates that are provided by the European Commission. The Users are informed that Zimbra Inc. is not authorized to use the data stored for its own benefit for any other purposes than the provision of services to Rexel.
Membership registration process and sign on the Rexel Community is secured via 128-bit encryption. Even though Rexel undertakes to protect the security and privacy of Personal Data provided on the Rexel Community, and taking into account the inherent characteristics of the Internet as a means of global communication, Rexel may not guarantee that this information, during an Internet transmission, will not be intercepted by third parties, in particular hackers.
Storage, update of Personal Data and User unsubscription
The User may ask to unsubscribe from the Rexel Community, in which case she or he may no longer access the functionalities of the Rexel Community. However, should the User choose to provide Personal Data to Rexel via the Rexel Community, the User may access, rectify and update or delete Personal Data provided via the Rexel Community. The update, modification or deletion will also be possible by contacting the Grid Administratorof Rexel, which can be reached at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Notice Regarding Links to and Content from Third Party Sites
Antivirus protection – User acceptance
By using this website, the User acknowledges that Rexel may not be held liable for any electronic virus or malicious code that may be encountered when using the Rexel Network from a personal terminal. The User is informed that it is his or her responsibility to regularly update the security software of his or her personal computer and of any other storage medium to look for and delete any virus present, with the help of an up-to-date and reliable antivirus. Undetected viruses may corrupt and destroy programs and files, sometimes even damaging the hardware.
For any question, do not hesitate to contact the Grid Administrator by submitting a request to email@example.com.